Aim and objectives
M-INCLUSION is a Support Action, co-funded by the European Commission under the FP7, with the aim to create a cooperative framework between European and Latin American mobile solution developers and entities. The objective is to encourage the use and growth of innovative, user-oriented, and affordable mobile solutions in order to promote social integration among people at risk of exclusion.
M-INCLUSION will focus mainly in the following four groups of potential end-users, in order to fully understand their specific needs and handicaps:
- people with disabilities,
- chronic patients,
- low-income sectors and
- population from isolated areas
Objectives of the project are:
- To develop an exhaustive inventory action aimed at mapping organizations, actual needs of the target groups and existing mobile solutions and trends for social inclusion in EU and LATAM
- To establish Workgroups that identify main needs, analyse technological solution and trends, and define an overall M-INCLUSION Road Map
- To support the identification and promotion of new ideas for future R&D projects
- To create awareness on M-INCLUSION action through a wide dissemination of project results
- To generate Market opportunities within the mobile technologies sector
Besides, M-INCLUSION intends to contribute to the digital gap debate, sharing recommendations and conclusions with representatives of the IT industry and public bodies with responsibility in the development of the national and regional digital agendas through dissemination activities.
The project started on November 1, 2011 and will run for two years.